Realme (translated as Realme) is an Android mobile app brand owned by Realme Chongqing Mobile Telecommunications Corporation, Ltd. Created by a manufacturer in Shenzhen, China. Founded on May 4, 2018 by Lee Bingzhong (pronounced “Sky” Lee), he is the president of Oppo. Originally known as the Oppo brand, Realm released it as its own brand. Realme became the fastest growing 5G provider in the third quarter of 2021 with 831% growth.
- Realme was launched on May 4, 2018, in China, Realme was first seen in China in 2010 under the name “OPPO Real”.
- It is a member of OPPO (part of BBK Electronics) until it was incorporated as a company on May 4, 2018.
In May 2018, they launched their first phone, Realme 1.
- On July 30, 2018, Sky Li announced its departure from Oppo and its plans to establish Realme as an independent brand on Sina Weibo.
- On November 15, 2018, Realme introduced a new brand.
- On November 22, 2018, Realme became the fastest growing player on the Indian market. Realme smartphones are selling more in India than Oppo. Realme has become the largest brand in India since 2019, behind Xiaomi,
- Samsung and Vivo.
- holds the record for India’s flagship products [right text] with India’s first 5G phone.
- On May 15, 2019, Realme organized its first event in Beijing to enter the Chinese market and launched Realme X, Realme X Lite and Realme X Master Edition.
- In June 2019, Realme announced its entry into the European market.
- On June 26, 2019, Realme released the first photo taken with a 64 MP camera.
- In July 2019, Realme entered the markets with China, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Europe.
- In August 2019, Realme had over 10 million users.
- In August 2019, Realme unveiled a device with a 64 MP quadruple camera in China and India.
- In 2021, there will be users in Europe and Asia, whom the reviewer described as “broad”.
- On May 16, 2022, Francis Wong will become CEO of Realme Europe.
- On May 18, 2022, Realme Narzo will announce 50 5G and 50 Pro 5G.