Presented by Vivo Communication Technology Co., Ltd. The company develops software for its smartphones, distributed through the V-Appstore, with an operating system based on Android Fluent OS worldwide including iManager, the native OS in China’s Madhya Pradesh and India. Vivo is a private company and develops its products, it has 10,000 employees, including research and development centers in Shenzhen, Guangdong, Nanjing, Jiangsu.
- In the first quarter of 2015, Vivo was among the top 10 smartphone manufacturers with a global market share of 2.7%.
- Since its founding in 2009, Vivo has expanded to more than 100 countries worldwide. International expansion began in 2014 when the company entered the Thai market. Vivo immediately followed the launch in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- In 2017, Vivo entered the smartphone market in Russia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Brunei, Macau, Cambodia, Laos, Bangladesh and Nepal. Entering the Pakistani mobile market in June 2017, the Vivo brand takes pride in its rapid growth and popularity in Pakistan.
- In October 2020, Vivo announced that it will continue to sell its products in Europe.
- The Vivo X60 features a display system made by Zeiss
- On December 17, 2020, Vivo and Zeiss announced a long-term strategic partnership to develop and promote the latest innovations in mobile imaging technology.
- The first “Vivo Zeiss display system” will be part of the Vivo X60 series.
- As part of the partnership agreement, Vivo and Zeiss will establish the Vivo Zeiss Imaging Lab, a joint research and development program to create mobile imaging technology for Vivo’s flagship smartphones.
- In April 2021, three pallets of Vivo phones caught fire at Hong Kong airport, leading to the banning of Vivo phones from flying through Hong Kong.
- In June 2022, Vivo entered the Guinness Book of World Records. This set the record for “Longest Video” where the flagship device Vivo X Fold was filmed more than 300,000 times for a total of 270 hours or 11 days and 6 hours.